Traditional Holistic Yoga with a Focus on Wellness
Why does this matter and what will Plasha Yoga do for me?
Here are some benefits of traditional yoga supported by science:
- Lowers stress
- Reduces low back pain
- Increases GABA – the neurotransmitter that helps calm your brain down – and also works to regulate anxiety
- Decreases depression
- Reduces inflammation
- May decrease risk factors for heart disease
- Reduces chronic pain
- Improves sleep
- Improves balance and increases flexibility and strength
- Improves breathing
- Reduces migraine intensity
- Improves digestion
- Reduced need for medications
Ready to improve your health? Fall session begins September 9. Register Now!
Not sure which class is right for you? Click to learn about our yoga classes.
Yoga Class Schedule
If you are new to yoga or my yoga studio, the first class is $10; otherwise, drop-ins are $15.
Three ways to register or drop-in for a yoga class:
- Complete the online registration form!
- Call (814) 864-1114 (please leave a message if no answer)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or drop-in for a class!
All classes taught by Michael Plasha, E-RYT500, RPYT, YACEP except where noted.
Fall Session 2019
September 9- Dec. 19
(No Classes the Week of Nov. 25)
$170 for 14 weeks. Prorating for fewer weeks.
All classes in Village West
All classes taught by Michael Plasha, E-RYT500, RPYT, YACEP except where noted. All teachers are certified at the YA 500 hour level or more.
Beyond Beginners: 10 to 11:15 am (Hatha 2 and Flows)
Slow Flow for Beginners and Beyond: 5:30 to 6:45 pm (Hatha 1)
Beyond Beginners: 7:00 to 8:15 pm (Hatha 2 and Flows)
Gentle Beginners, Mindfulness and Restorative Yoga: 10 to 11:15 am
Gentle Beginners, Mindfulness and Restorative Yoga: 7:00 to 8:15 pm
Beginners: 10 to 11:15 am – Chelsea
Vigorous Flow (Hatha 2-3): 5:30 to 6:45 pm
Beyond Beginners: 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. (Hatha 1-2 and Flows)
Workshops & Trainings
Fall Yoga Session Fees and Registration Information
- Please complete the form below ↓ to register!
- Registration continues until any classes fill.
- Unless otherwise noted, fees are for one class per week, during a session.
- Payment plans are available. We pro-rate anytime for $12 per class depending on how many weeks.
- Early Registration fee of $170 due by September 9.
- Married couples or partners $320.
- Special Discount: Take two yoga classes a week for $290
- No refunds for missed classes. Schedule any make-ups with me.
- Drop-in class (please call ahead – (814) 864-1114 or email me at email@example.com): $15
- Fast-forward your practice and optimize the benefits of yoga by creating an individualized approach with private lessons! Call for an appointment: (814) 864-1114): $100/hr.
If you have questions call me at 814-864-1114 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Which Class is for Me?
Gentle Beginners, Restorative, and Mindfulness Yoga
The yoga of non-doing, restorative yoga, focuses on effortlessness and ease. When the body is fully supported with bolsters and blankets, it releases deeply held tensions. It is for any student who is not pregnant and without serious back conditions like spondylolistheses, spondylolysis or diagnosed disc disease. It can be excellent for students recovering from injuries and managing chronic diseases. Deep relaxation, pranayama and mindfulness meditation are included.
Beginners (Learning Hatha 1)
For new beginners or those who need a refresher. A thorough and safe introduction to yoga including modifications, adaptations, and contraindications. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included
Slow Flow for Beginners and Beyond (Hatha 1 and 2)
Another thorough and safe introduction to yoga including modifications, adaptations, and contraindications. Slow and gentle Vinyasas and static postures for overall wellness and specific health conditions are featured. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included.
Beyond Beginners (Hatha 1-2)
For experienced beginners. Please check with me if you are not sure. Familiarity with contraindications, stages of progression and modifications are necessary – related to beginner level (Hatha 1) postures and flows. You will learn new Hatha 2 practices like advanced pranayama, relaxation, meditation, and asanas. Multi-level moderate flows are also included.
Lunar Flow (Hatha 1-2)
A delicious mix of lunar selected Hatha poses and flows, Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included.
Yin Yoga (Hatha 1-2)
Most yoga is Yang which can stretch and strengthen muscles. Yin stretches the connective tissue. Both are needed to improve flexibility. Most lifestyles are Yang – think Type A personalities. Find balance with a meditative, relaxed and introspective class. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included. You may leave softer and more serene!
Vigorous Vinyasa (Hatha 2-3)
This is for experienced beginners who like longer and more challenging flows and transitions based on the Ashtanga primary and secondary series. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included.
Yoga For Back Pain
Learn ways to manage, reduce and possibly end your pain. You will practice a routine that I have used successfully in hundreds of private lessons and group classes for those suffering from kyphosis, lordosis, musculoskeletal pain, bulging discs, sacroiliac joint misalignment, piriformis caused mild sciatica, and after back surgery (with physician approval). Please let me know what your condition is when you register. However, for chronic conditions, see your physician to rule out infections, cancer, spinal fractures (osteoporosis) and neurological causes. Please bring a permission slip from your health care provider.
Private Lessons / Yoga Parties and Events
I am available for private Prenatal, Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy consultations and classes for $100 an hour. Click for more information on private yoga lessons. A lower rate is available for regular schedule privates and semi-privates. Fast-forward your practice and optimize the benefits of yoga by scheduling an individualized and therapeutic approach. Call for an appointment. House visits can be made for your convenience. I am also available for single event yoga parties and private classes at a special group rate! Contact me to schedule.
Feel the Difference Experience Makes!
January 1, 2019 will mark my 21st anniversary of directing a yoga studio in Erie! It all started with free yoga classes I began offering in my living room in 1984. We continue to integrate classical yoga principles with current scientific research to provide an effective and sustainable mind, body and spirit practice for all phases of life.
The goal of traditional yoga is to become liberated from the mind-body concept or ego and experience the true Self – free of fear and anxiety. We look forward to supporting you on this journey!
We are personal and attentive. Our studio offers a boutique setting to support your self-growth through courses with an emphasis on safety. Over 1,000 hours of training and over 45 years of experience are brought into each class and private lesson. Feel the Difference Experience Makes! I have served on the Yoga Alliance advisory committee for recommending standards for teachers and schools. Our classes and my trainings will meet the highest standards of safety and instruction!
In our classes, you will experience a meditative approach to the postures within the context of Ayurvedic and Mindfulness principles. You will be supported in accepting your body the way it is yet be encouraged to challenge your perceived limitations so you can experience yourself, perhaps in a new, exciting and more fulfilling way.
All classes awaken the essence of who you are: peace, love, and joy!
- If you’re looking to attend our special events and workshops, you can find our yoga event schedule and descriptions here.
- If you’re looking to train at the Plasha Yoga School, you can find our yoga training courses here.
- If you prefer private lessons in yoga, meditation, prenatal yoga, or Ayurveda, please go to our Private Lessons page for details.
- I am also a Mindfulness and Stress Management Consultant and my clients include Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, and school districts.
- Contact Michael Plasha at 814-864-1114 or email@example.com for an individual assessment of your or your organizations’ needs.