- Over 1,000 hours of training from Integral Yoga, the American Institute of Vedic Studies, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Kripalu, and Viniyoga.
- Taught over 11,000 classes; over 16,000 hours of teaching experience.
- Given over 1,000 private lessons including adapting yoga for MS, Parkinson’s, Heart Conditions, Fibromyalgia, Cancer and several other chronic conditions.
- International teacher: taught in Spain, Mexico, India, Jamaica, Guatemala, Ethiopia and Canada
- RPYT – Prenatal, Labor and Post-Partum Yoga certification (130 hours) – 1998
- Yoga of the Heart certification for the heart and cancer (120 hours) – 1998
- Intermediate level certification in India – 2003
- Advanced teacher training with Erich Schiffmann – 2000
- Ayurveda and Yoga certification with Dr. David Frawley (80 hours plus 6 months of study)- 2007
- Thai Yoga Massage training – Lotus Palm School – 2006
- Certified Kidding Around Yoga Teacher
- A teacher trainer for Integral Yoga Institute, Flow Yoga Studio(voted best studio in DC ), Breathing Room Yoga and Movement Studio, and Samyama Yoga
- Former Adjunct Instructor of Classical Yoga at Gannon University
- Instructor of Classical Yoga – Edinboro University and Jefferson Society
- Erie Summer Festival of the Arts Yoga teacher
- E-RYT 500 since 2006(the highest Yoga Alliance accreditation)
- Erie’s Choice – Best Yoga Studio – Four Times!
- Study with the only teacher from PA to present at the 2011 Yoga Alliance Leadership Conference. I was also one of only 10 out of 225 applicants to be selected to lead a practice at the 2012 conference. In addition, Michael is an elected member of the YA House of Delegates.
Since 1980, I have studied with Rodney Yee(Iyengar and beyond); David Swenson, Tim Miller, and Richard Freeman(Ashtanga);Erich Schiffmann(Iyengar and Viniyoga), Donna Farhi(Iyengar and beyond), Lilias Folan(Sivananda), Richard Miller(Advaita Vedanta), Larry Schultz (Ashtanga teacher training), Rama Berch(Svaroopa), Dean Lerner(Advanced Junior 1 Iyengar and past president of the Iyengar Association of the US), Mukunda Stiles(Structural Yoga Therapy), Swami Asokananda(Integral Yoga), Swami Ramananda( Integral Yoga), Swami Chidvilasananda(Siddha Yoga Guru), Srivatsa Ramaswami(Viniyoga), TKV Desikachar(Viniyoga), Gary Kraftsow(Viniyoga) and John Friend(Anusara) among others including Buddhist meditation teachers.