Become a Yoga Instructor
Sign up for a RYS 200 Yoga Teacher Training registered with Yoga Alliance.
*NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS for 2019:
Our next Yoga Teacher Training Session begins January 26th, 2019. Read on for full schedule, curriculum, and payments details.
Ideally applicants will be practitioners of Postural Yoga for at least 6 months prior to signing up for this course.
Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
We are always striving to provide an in-depth and comprehensive yoga teacher training program for our students at Plasha Yoga School. Many of the students that attend come from far and wide and have widely varying interests and focuses for how they wish to use their new Yoga Teacher Certification. For this reason, we are constantly evolving the program to ensure we meet the demands of our students and support their dreams. At the end of this course, graduates who have completed the requirements will receive a diploma certifying them to teach Plasha Integrative Yoga. Students then are able to register with the Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour level teacher.
The Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum for 2019 includes:
- Emphasis on the cultural poses that support the optimum functioning of all systems in the body.
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, deep relaxation, and meditation.
- Anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energy body.
- History and philosophy of Classical and Contemporary Yoga through the study of ancient and modern yogic texts.
- Principles of Precise Verbal Cueing, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching Styles and Assists
- The art of modifications and sequencing
- Adapting Yoga according to contraindications
- Monitored teaching practice, practice teaching sessions, observing and assisting classes
- Sanskrit for Teachers
- Classes in Yogic lifestyle
- Meditation workshops focusing on a variety of effective meditation techniques
- Instruction and practice in chanting – both for personal practice and teaching
- An in-depth course in Classical Yoga including Raja Yoga and Vedanta
- Additional study and practice of Ayurveda, Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Karma Yoga.
Here is a short preview of Michel Plasha demonstrating the Art of the Assist, which students can learn in this 200hr Yoga Teacher Training.
Assignments and Class Expectations:
- As soon as you are registered for the course, a complete schedule/outline and reading list will be provided per each weekend in preparation of your next class.
- Non-Contact homework assignments for the week will be given as well, which includes: Practice teaching, reading and writing assignments.
- Begin a regular, daily home practice of Hatha, Pranayama, and meditation according to your level and attend one or more of our classes per week(exceptions will be considered due to travel). The weekly classes are included in the tuition.
- Students are required to maintain a daily spiritual diary to turn in weekly.
Because attendance is paramount to becoming a well-rounded yoga instructor, no more than two days can be missed in order to be certified as an instructor.
Tuition Costs and Registration:
A $50 deposit, which is then applied to your tuition cost, is due upon acceptance to reserve your spot.
Tuition cost for our 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training is $2,600, and must be paid in full by January 26th. All payments made are non-refundable.*Save $100 off your tuition cost when you pay in full by January 1st.
We offer a 2-payment plan for those who wish to become a yoga instructor. Payment amounts for the plan are: $1,300 by January 1 and $1,300 by January 26th. Contact me for optional plans if needed.
Register for your spot:
Mail your tuition check made payable to Plasha Yoga and send to:
3330 West 26th St.,
Erie, Pa 16506.
2019 Yoga Teacher Training Schedule:
Beginning in January 2019, our upcoming Yoga Instructor Training meets once a month on Saturdays 9 am – 3 pm and Sundays 10 am – 4 pm.
- Jan. 26-27
- Feb. 23-24
- March 23-24
- April 13-14
- May 18-19
- June 22-23
- July 20-21
- Aug. 24-25
- Sept. 21-22
- Oct. 26-27
Want to learn more or sign up for our
Yoga Teacher Training for 2019?