Yoga at Home with my Video and Audio Classes
Beyond Beginners Video
A 75 minute professionally produced Beyond Beginners Video is now available! Experienced Beginners will appreciate the explanations, simplicity, and slower pace. More experienced practitioners and yoga teachers will pick up new tips and can do their own advanced variations. Everyone will deeply benefit from the deep relaxation. It is $25 for unlimited use. After you pay, I will send you the link.
Beginners Raja Yoga
Beginners Raja Yoga includes healthy back, prenatal and menstruating sequences, hip openers and energizing and relaxation practices.Read reviews below.
They are available online in my shop as audio files. Enjoy!
What the experts are saying about Beginners Raja Yoga
I like so many things about them: You have a great voice, clear and calming. Your instruction is very thorough and clear and the teachings of Yoga are especially so well conveyed and taught through the practice of asanas.
The teachings are very accessible to a wide variety of people and being a real fan of Raja Yoga, I ended up loving the way you brought so much in with the practice of asana. I think someone could listen to it over and over getting more out of it each time. The idea of teaching the yamas and niyamas is great and so relevant.
– Swami Ramananda, President of the Integral Yoga Institute – San Francisco
Michael is at the cutting edge of yoga in America. His approach will hopefully become mainstream in about 5 years.
– Swami Asokananda, President Integral Yoga Institute – NYC
Michael has taken Hatha to the next level.
– Swami Karunananda, Director of Raja Yoga Teacher Training – Yogaville
I thought the practice sessions were very well done and I think you’re providing a valuable service in attempting to reconnect the Hatha and Raja traditions. I can’t remember any CD’s that try to do what you’re doing, which is why I appreciated your work so much. We’ve forgotten that once, centuries ago, Hatha Yoga was designed as a “ladder” to the discipline of Raja Yoga.
Michael Plasha has done a wonderful thing in his CD’s by bringing these two ancient schools back together. Within the framework of the classical system, he applies the practical lessons of Hatha Yoga to everyday life and spiritual practice. An intelligent and inspiring effort. Plasha has mastered his material (Raja and Hatha yoga).
– Richard Rosen, Deputy Director Yoga Research and Education Center Reviewer for Yoga Journal and Yoga World
The CD is great! Namaste bro!
– Erich Schiffmann, author of Yoga, The Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness and the video Yoga Mind and Body
Free Audio Meditation Practice
Click here to listen to a Meditation by Michael Plasha
To learn more about meditation, please attend one of my regular meditation programs.
Recommended Hatha Resources for Beginners
- How to Use Yoga: A Step-By-Step Guide… (Iyengar), Mira Mehta
- Structural Yoga Therapy: Adapting to the Individual, Mukunda Stiles
- Yoga Mind And Body (DK Living), Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center
- Yoga for Common Ailments, Drs. Monroe, Nagarathna and Nagendra
- Recovery Yoga: A Practical Guide for Chronically Ill, Injured, and Post-Operative People, Sam Dworkis
- Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times (Restorative Yoga), Judith Lasater
- Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness, Erich Schiffmann
- Yoga for Your Type: An Ayurvedic Approach to Your Asana Practice, Frawley and Kozak
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Swami Muktibodhananda
Recommended Resources on Philosophy and Ayurveda
- Vijnanabhairava or Divine Consciousness Jaideva Singh Vasistha’s Yoga, Swami Venkatesananda
- Inside the Yoga Sutras, Reverend Jaganath Carrera
- Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing, Dr. Lad
- Yoga and Ayurveda: Self-Healing and Self-Realization, Dr. Frawley
- Ayurvedic Healing: A Comprehensive Guide, Dr. Frawley
- Neti: Healing Secrets of Yoga and Ayurveda, Dr. Frawley
- Ayurveda and the Mind, Dr. Frawley
- The Ayurvedic Cookbook, Amadea Morningstar
Recommended Resources on Meditation
- Luminous Mind: Meditation and Mind Fitness, Joel and Michelle Levey
- Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation, Sharon Salzberg
- Mindfulness in Plain English, Venerable Henepola Gunaratana
- Learn to Meditate, David Fontana, PhD