Become a Yoga Instructor
Yoga Alliance now wants ALL teacher trainers to be E-RYT 500. I was in a committee that recommended this 10 years ago. I have been registered as an E-RYT 500 since 2006. That’s almost 17 years ago! I have learned a lot more since then that I want to share with you.
Choose a guide who has experience. My trainings are infused with over 40 years of experience and over 1,000 hours of my own personal training. I have trained over 90 meditation and yoga teachers in the Erie area. I am also the only Erie area trainer who has attended teacher trainer conferences with Integral Yoga staff and taught at Yoga Alliance teachers conferences.
Are you ready to sign up for RYS 200 Yoga Teacher Training registered with Yoga Alliance?
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS for the 2023 training!
Our next Yoga Teacher Training Session begins January 28-29.
Read on for full schedule, curriculum, and payment details.
Ideally, applicants will be practitioners of traditional Postural Yoga for at least 6 months prior to signing up for this course.
Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
We are always striving to provide an in-depth and comprehensive yoga teacher training program for our students at Plasha Yoga School. Many of the students that attend come from far and wide and have widely varying interests and focuses for how they wish to use their new Yoga Teacher Certification. For this reason, we are constantly evolving the program to ensure we meet the demands of our students and support their dreams. At the end of this course, graduates who have completed the requirements will receive a diploma certifying them to teach Plasha Integrative Yoga. Students then are able to register with the Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour level teacher.
The Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum for 2023 includes:
- Emphasis on the cultural poses that support the optimum functioning of all systems in the body.
- Physiological, psychological and spiritual aspects of asana, pranayama, deep relaxation, and meditation.
- Anatomy and physiology of the physical body and subtle energy body.
- History and philosophy of Classical and Contemporary Yoga through the study of ancient and modern yogic texts.
- Principles of Precise Verbal Cueing, Demonstration, Observation, Teaching Styles and Assists
- The art of modifications and sequencing
- Adapting Yoga according to contraindications
- Monitored teaching practice, practice teaching sessions, observing and assisting classes
- Sanskrit for Teachers
- Classes in Yogic lifestyle
- Meditation workshops focusing on a variety of effective meditation techniques
- Instruction and practice in chanting – both for personal practice and teaching
- An in-depth course in Classical Yoga including Raja Yoga and Vedanta
- Additional study and practice of Ayurveda, Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, and Karma Yoga.
Watch a short preview of Michael Plasha demonstrating the Art of the Assist, which students can learn in this 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training:
Assignments and Class Expectations:
- As soon as you are registered for the course, a complete syllabus and reading list will be provided and during the training a schedule for each weekend will be sent for you to prepare. The cost of books is in addition to tuition.
- Non-Contact homework assignments for each month will be given as well, which includes: Practice teaching, reading and writing assignments.
- Begin a regular, daily home practice of Hatha, Pranayama, and meditation according to your level and attend one or more of our classes per week(exceptions and alternatives will be considered due to travel). The weekly classes are included in the tuition. It is required to attend at least one class per week during the training to meet the YA contact hour requirements.
- Students are invited to maintain a daily spiritual diary.
Because attendance is paramount to becoming a well-rounded yoga instructor, no more than two days can be missed in order to be certified as an instructor. You will need to make up the missed material and demonstrate you have absorbed it.
Tuition Costs and Registration:
A $50 deposit, which is then applied to your tuition cost, is due upon acceptance to reserve your spot.
Tuition cost for our 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training is $2,600, and must be paid in full by January 28. All payments made are non-refundable. *Save $100 off your tuition cost when you pay in full by January 1.
We offer payment plans for those who wish to become a yoga instructor. Payment amounts can be $1,300 by January 28 and $1,300 by June 18. Another option is $1,300 by January 28 and the $1,300 balance during the training. Contact me for other optional payment plans if needed.
Register for your spot:
You can pay with Venmo (my account name is Michael-Plasha) or mail your tuition check made payable to Plasha Yoga and send to:
1285 Ponderosa Dr
Erie, PA 16509
2023 Yoga Teacher Training Schedule:
Beginning in January, our upcoming Yoga Instructor Training meets once a month on Saturdays 9 am – 4 pm and Sundays 9 am – 4 pm. The following dates may change due to unexpected circumstances like the weather and alternate dates will be provided.
March 19 – 20
April 30 – May 1
- Want to learn more or sign up for our Yoga Teacher Training for 2023?
E-mail us at email@example.com || Call us at (814) 864-1114 || Use our contact form here!