Traditional Holistic Yoga with a Focus on Wellness
Why does this matter and what will Plasha Yoga do for me?
Here are some benefits of traditional yoga supported by science:
- Lowers stress
- Reduces low back pain
- Increases GABA – the neurotransmitter that helps calm your brain down – and also works to regulate anxiety
- Decreases depression
- Reduces inflammation
- May decrease risk factors for heart disease
- Reduces chronic pain
- Improves sleep
- Improves balance and increases flexibility and strength
- Improves breathing
- Reduces migraine intensity
- Improves digestion
- Reduced need for medications
Ready to improve your health? SUMMER session begins JUNE 3. Schedule is below spring schedule. Register Now!
Not sure which class is right for you? Click to learn about our yoga classes.
Yoga Class Schedule
If you are new to yoga or my yoga studio, the first class is $10; otherwise, drop-ins are $15.
Three ways to register or drop-in for a yoga class:
- Complete the online Registration form!
- Call (814) 864-1114 (please leave a message if no answer)
- Email email@example.com to register or drop-in for a class!
All classes taught by Michael Plasha, E-RYT500, RPYT, YACEP except where noted.
Spring Session (9 weeks): March 18 to May 25, 2019 (no classes week of April 22)
View class descriptions to assist in choosing a class. Drop In is $15
- Beyond Beginners (Hatha 2) 10:00 to 11:15 am
- Slow Flow for Beginners and Beyond (Hatha 1-2) 5:30 to 6:45 pm
- Beyond Beginners (Hatha 2) 7:00 to 8:15 pm
- Gentle Beginners and Restorative Yoga 10:00 to 11:15 am
- Lunar Flow for Beginners and Beyond 5:30 to 6:45 pm
- Gentle Beginners and Restorative Yoga 7:00 to 8:15 pm
- Beginners (Hatha 1) 10 to 11:15 am – Chelsea
- Multi-Level Vigorous Flow (Hatha 2-3) 5:30 to 6:45 pm
- Beyond Beginners (Hatha 2) 5:30 to 6:45 pm
- Workshops and Trainings (go to Events and School pages)
Summer Session (12 weeks): June 3 to August 29, 2019 (no classes week of July 1)
Most classes will include Solar and Lunar postures and flows selected for the group level.
23rd Annual Yoga on the Beach!
$140 (one class per week)
June 3 to August 29
(No classes the week of July 1)
Slow Flow for Beginners and Beyond: 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Beyond Beginners: 7:15 to Sunset
Mixed Level: 6:00 to 7:15 pm
Beach classes are held on Barracks beach between 1 and 2 on Presque Isle State Park. Park in the Stull Interpretive Center/Nature Store parking lot. We are between the windmill and the water. Bring a blanket, water, sunscreen and bug repellent. Call 864-1114 after 4:00 p.m. if it looks like it might rain. A phone message or message on the PY Studio FB page will direct you to the studio or the beach.
11th Annual Yoga at Liberty Park
$140 (one class per week)
June 5 to Aug. 28
(No classes the week of July 1)
6:00 to 7:15 pm
Park near the playground at Liberty Park off the Bayfront Highway. Classes on the lawn or in Amphitheater if it rains. No need to call. Rain or shine! If severe weather, meet in parking lot to decide if we go to studio.
Yoga in Village West
3330 West 26th St.
June 3 to August 28
$140 (one class per week)
(No classes week of July 1)
Beyond Beginners: 10 to 11:15 am
Solar and Lunar Flow 5:30 to 6:45 pm
Gentle Beginners and Restorative Yoga: 7:00 to 8:15 pm
Beginners: 10 to 11:15 am with Chelsea
All classes taught by Michael Plasha, E-RYT500, RPYT, YACEP except where noted. All teachers are certified at the YA 500 hour level or more.
Summer Yoga Session Fees and Registration Information
- Please complete the form below ↓ to register!
- Unless otherwise noted, fees are for one class per week, during a session.
- The early registration fee is $140 by May 27 for Summer Session. Payment plans are available. We pro-rate anytime for $12 per class depending on how many classes. Married couples or partners: $260.
- Special Discount: Enjoy two classes a week: $220 or three classes per week for only $320.
- Registration continues until any classes fill.
- No refunds for missed classes. Schedule any make-ups with me.
- Drop-in class (please call ahead – (814) 864-1114 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org): $15
- Fast-forward your practice and optimize the benefits of yoga by creating an individualized approach with private lessons! Call for an appointment: (814) 864-1114): $100/hr.
If you have questions call me at 814-864-1114 or e-mail me at email@example.com. Thank you!
Which Class is for Me?
Gentle Beginners, Restorative, and Mindfulness Yoga
The yoga of non-doing, restorative yoga, focuses on effortlessness and ease. When the body is fully supported with bolsters and blankets, it releases deeply held tensions. It is for any student who is not pregnant and without serious back conditions like spondylolistheses, spondylolysis or diagnosed disc disease. It can be excellent for students recovering from injuries and managing chronic diseases. Deep relaxation, pranayama and mindfulness meditation are included.
Beginners (Learning Hatha 1)
For new beginners or those who need a refresher. A thorough and safe introduction to yoga including modifications, adaptations, and contraindications. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included
Slow Flow for Beginners and Beyond (Hatha 1 and 2)
Another thorough and safe introduction to yoga including modifications, adaptations, and contraindications. Slow and gentle Vinyasas and static postures for overall wellness and specific health conditions are featured. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included.
Beyond Beginners (Hatha 1-2)
For experienced beginners. Please check with me if you are not sure. Familiarity with contraindications, stages of progression and modifications are necessary – related to beginner level (Hatha 1) postures and flows. You will learn new Hatha 2 practices like advanced pranayama, relaxation, meditation, and asanas. Multi-level moderate flows are also included.
Lunar Flow (Hatha 1-2)
A delicious mix of lunar selected Hatha poses and flows, Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included.
Yin Yoga (Hatha 1-2)
Most yoga is Yang which can stretch and strengthen muscles. Yin stretches the connective tissue. Both are needed to improve flexibility. Most lifestyles are Yang – think Type A personalities. Find balance with a meditative, relaxed and introspective class. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included. You may leave softer and more serene!
Vigorous Vinyasa (Hatha 2-3)
This is for experienced beginners who like longer and more challenging flows and transitions based on the Ashtanga primary and secondary series. Deep relaxation, pranayama, and meditation are included.
Yoga For Back Pain
Learn ways to manage, reduce and possibly end your pain. You will practice a routine that I have used successfully in hundreds of private lessons and group classes for those suffering from kyphosis, lordosis, musculoskeletal pain, bulging discs, sacroiliac joint misalignment, piriformis caused mild sciatica, and after back surgery (with physician approval). Please let me know what your condition is when you register. However, for chronic conditions, see your physician to rule out infections, cancer, spinal fractures (osteoporosis) and neurological causes. Please bring a permission slip from your health care provider.
Private Lessons / Yoga Parties and Events
I am available for private Prenatal, Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy consultations and classes for $100 an hour. Click for more information on private yoga lessons. A lower rate is available for regular schedule privates and semi-privates. Fast-forward your practice and optimize the benefits of yoga by scheduling an individualized and therapeutic approach. Call for an appointment. House visits can be made for your convenience. I am also available for single event yoga parties and private classes at a special group rate! Contact me to schedule.
Feel the Difference Experience Makes!
January 1, 2019 will mark my 21st anniversary of directing a yoga studio in Erie! It all started with free yoga classes I began offering in my living room in 1984. We continue to integrate classical yoga principles with current scientific research to provide an effective and sustainable mind, body and spirit practice for all phases of life.
The goal of traditional yoga is to become liberated from the mind-body concept or ego and experience the true Self – free of fear and anxiety. We look forward to supporting you on this journey!
We are personal and attentive. Our studio offers a boutique setting to support your self-growth through courses with an emphasis on safety. Over 1,000 hours of training and over 45 years of experience are brought into each class and private lesson. Feel the Difference Experience Makes! I have served on the Yoga Alliance advisory committee for recommending standards for teachers and schools. Our classes and my trainings will meet the highest standards of safety and instruction!
In our classes, you will experience a meditative approach to the postures within the context of Ayurvedic and Mindfulness principles. You will be supported in accepting your body the way it is yet be encouraged to challenge your perceived limitations so you can experience yourself, perhaps in a new, exciting and more fulfilling way.
All classes awaken the essence of who you are: peace, love, and joy!
- If you’re looking to attend our special events and workshops, you can find our yoga event schedule and descriptions here.
- If you’re looking to train at the Plasha Yoga School, you can find our yoga training courses here.
- If you prefer private lessons in yoga, meditation, prenatal yoga, or Ayurveda, please go to our Private Lessons page for details.
- I am also a Mindfulness and Stress Management Consultant and my clients include Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, and school districts.
- Contact Michael Plasha at 814-864-1114 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an individual assessment of your or your organizations’ needs.